Business Development Manager
VPAC is a recognised Research Service Provider delivering consulting, training, and expert services in the application of Advanced and High Performance Computing for research, technical, scientific, and informatics applications across academia, government, and industry.
VPAC serves Victoria and the greater Asia Pacific region through a High Performance Computing centre that offers a broad range of Applications and Visualisation software, underpinned by in-house expertise across a broad range of disciplines such as Engineering, Embedded Systems, Geophysics, Health, Life Sciences, Data Portals, and Spatial Information, in addition to High Performance Computing.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated Business Development Manager responsible for the development of new and existing business opportunities predominately within the Geospatial Science and Software Engineering fields. Opportunities to engage in the health and medical research community are available; therefore, knowledge within this area would be desirable.
We are looking for a self starter who has a demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment coupled with a strong customer focus.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Business Development / Sales experience working in Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology industry;
- Resilient personality that is able to meet and exceed budget expectations in a highly technical/academic environment;
- High level of credibility and experience in the preparation and negotiation of service contracts;
- Proven ability to assess market needs and opportunities and build collaborations;
- Financial skills with the monitoring and input into budget preparation is required;
- Customer service skills of a high level to maximise rapport, service levels and sales conversions;
- High level of written and verbal skills, with an eye for detail;
- Tertiary qualifications (eg Bachelor Degree) in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar or extensive knowledge gained over many years of business development/sales to the high end IT market;
- Experienced in CRM applications for the tracking of Sales and Marketing activities.
- Exposure to an Academic or Research Centre environment would be well regarded
- Business Development / Sales experience working in Health and Medical research area.
Please enclose a copy of your current curriculum vitae along with a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and your relevant experience to email@example.com. A copy of the position description can be found attached.