- An Introduction to High Performance Computing Using MASSIVE - City (Tuesday, 31st January )
- Monash Clayton Campus (Tuesday, 28th February)
The MASSIVE High Performance Computing (HPC) facility has significant differences from the desktop computer most researchers are familiar with. This course is designed to get new users going as quickly as possible, by concentrating on basic skills and highlighting the areas of Advanced Computing.
This course is 'hands on'; most of the material presented is supported by exercises that the students are strongly encouraged to complete. Results are discussed with the presenter and other students.
This course is suitable for people who:
- Have limited experience with Linux;
- Have little or no experience using parallel computers;
- Intend to attend one of the more advanced courses or will be using precompiled applications only.
Training accounts will be provided for attendees that do not have an account on a MASSIVE.
Registration is required.
For more information please see: http://www.massive.org.au/events/hpcintro-jan_and_feb_2012